How To Make Savory Muffins
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup boiled shredded chicken (any leftover chicken will do)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- (I like to mix cheddar with mozzarella)
- .1/2 cup mixture of chopped capsicum, onion and sweet corn, spring onion
- (you can mix chopped mushrooms or grated carrots too)
- .1 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
- 1 chopped green chili or chili flakes
- optional for extra spice)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- (125 gm)
- . 2 egg lightly beaten
- . 1 cup milk
Savory Muffins Instructions.
You can make your own self-rising flour by adding 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and a pinch of salt to EACH cup of plain/all purpose flour.
Preheat the oven to 180 C.
Grease the cups of your muffin or cupcake pan.
In a large bowl, sift/sieve the flour, then add all the dry ingredients (chicken, cheese, capsicum, onion, sweet corn, coriander, chilli, salt and pepper etc). Stir them together so they are evenly distributed in the flour.
In a separate jug, add the three liquid ingredients (milk, butter and egg). Lightly whisk with a fork to combine. Now pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl that has the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do NOT over-mix as this will make the muffins chewy.
Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes or until skewer stuck in the center comes out clean. apply butter on muffins as soon as come out from oven for extra softness..
Remove the pan and allow them to cool slightly.
Try it out and send me your feedback at Neelo's kitchen.